Building Technology Specialist
The Building Technology Specialist assists the Director of Building Technology in implementing project review and educational initiatives to ensure that RAMSA deliverables maintain a high level of building performance, code compliance, and constructability. The primary means of achieving this is to perform quality assurance/quality control reviews of RAMSA project drawings at the Schematic Design, Design Development, and Contract Document stages of design. Secondarily, this person is expected to participate in initiatives at staff education and the development of resources related to building technology.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews of RAMSA project drawings, under the direction of the Director of Building Technology.
- Hold office hours to advise staff members on project-related building technology and code issues.
- Participate in projects, under the direction of the Director of Building Technology, engaged in the development of technical resources for office-wide use. Develop and present education initiatives including new staff training and continuing education.
- Assist the Director of Building Technology in scheduling and other administrative duties.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement - Bachelor of Architecture (professional degree).
- Must be a Registered Architect in at least one state.
- 10 years of experience in an architectural office. A substantial portion of this time should have been engaged in the preparation of working drawings and/or construction administration.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in exterior envelope detailing, structural/mechanical/electrical/plumbing coordination, and building code compliance.
- Demonstrated experience working with design-oriented firm(s). An unstinting willingness to engage in the extra effort required to make the goals of an ambitious design staff into actual construction. Sensitivity to design issues and enthusiasm for well-crafted design.
- Skill at diplomatic communication is essential.
- Ability to hand draw sketches quickly and legibly.
- Ability to write and edit written material clearly and coherently.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word and Excel are mandatory.
- Experience in Autocad and Revit is not mandatory, but preferred.
- SharePoint exposure a plus.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: