Design Technology Support Specialist
Working as part of the Design Technology group at Robert A.M. Stern Architects; the Design Technology Specialist position offers valuable experience supporting existing technologies and workflows as well as implementing emerging technologies on a variety of high profile architectural projects. This position will be exposed to a wealth of interdisciplinary skill sets including Virtual/Augmented Reality, 3D Modeling, 3D Printing, Building Information Modeling, Architectural Representation and BIM Management.
The Design Technology Specialist position assists with the implementation, maintenance and support of technology related to CAD, BIM, 3D modeling, visualization and related software. The position also provides provision of digital fabrication and all other modes of architectural deliverables as well as backup for the Desktop Support Specialists.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete support tasks as assigned by the Design Technology Manager, using an established help ticketing system.
- Provide first-line support for Revit, Autocad, and 3D modeling applications (such as SketchUp, 3DS Max, and Rhino). As directed by the Design Technology Manager, develop standards, interoperability workflows, and training for these applications.
- Coordinate the rendering workflow between applications. Work closely with studio staff to ensure consistent and efficient rendering and presentation production.
- Maintain an understanding of the presentation graphics workflow and the color print environment, working with the Graphics Manager. Provide backup technical support for other IT technical support positions as necessary.
- Develop and present education initiatives including new staff training and continuing education.
- Develop and maintain custom software solutions including standardized PC images related to design technology software and programmatic and scripting customizations.
- Support and educate design staff with communication and transfer protocols through the RFI CA Coordination process.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction, technology or related areas.
- 3 years of professional industry experience.
- Pleasant, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- 3 years’ experience in CAD production and/or support.
- 3 years’ experience in Revit production and/or support.
- Experience providing technical support in an AEC environment.
Has knowledge of commonly-used BIM related concepts, IT practices, and procedures preferably within the AEC industry. Experience with digital fabrication technologies, VR and AR rendering experience. Experience in modeling and rendering with SketchUp, Rhino, and 3DS Max and other types of AEC applications. Computational design (Python, Scripting, Grasshopper, Dynamo) and Coordination software such as Navisworks or Glue is a plus. SharePoint exposure is also a plus.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the following link: