The Materials Library Assistant supports the materials library (interior and architectural materials) by assisting interior designers and design team with a variety of project-related tasks. The person in this role will be responsible for maintaining, organizing and restocking the materials library regularly.
Essential Job Functions
• Organize and keep current interior and architectural material samples,
• Resource for material selection and offering material alternatives as directed
• Sorts and incorporates new materials from vendor visits and from the designers into the collections.
• Updates product literature binders.
• Organizes and prepares sample donations and returns.
• Rotating displays of new materials added to the collections.
Experience & Qualifications
• Pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in product design, industrial design or interior design, or a recently graduated architect with a specific interest in architectural materials.)
• Knowledge and experience with the architecture/design industry a plus.
• Knowledge of architectural materials and trends in sustainability
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Concise and articulate written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Excellent people skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of colleagues.
• Able to lift and shelve sometimes heavy materials such as stone samples.
Interested applicants should submit their resume for consideration here.